RATES & PRICING
Here’s everything you want to know about my rates and pricing (but didn’t know how to ask.)
Are your rates hourly?
No, they’re not. Every project quote is value-based—which means you’re paying for the value and ROI of the finished product, not the time spent producing it.
My rates also include:
Time for research
SEO keyword integration
Access to my network of expert sources: With six years in the SaaS/ecommerce world under my belt, I've built out an extensive network of knowledgeable sources and conduct outreach to those partners to tie their expertise into the pieces I write.
What price point do most projects start at?
One-time assignments (like blog posts) begin at $750/post and vary depending on the required research and word count. Longer, more intensive content = higher price point.
Larger projects are custom quoted based on scope.
Why do your prices start there?
Clients who decide to work with me do so because they believe in paying for a high-quality, conversion-oriented product—not just a finished product. If your focus is keeping costs low (rather than amazing results), you’re in the wrong place.
What’s the process like for a new client?
Every new client follows this process:
1. You'll assign me a topic and fill out my writing brief that will guide my outline.
2. I'll build out the outline based on these details and request a 50% deposit based on the estimated word count of the piece. I'll complete and send over the outline once that is paid.
3. You'll hop into Google Docs and make any notes/comments before I dive into writing.
4. I'll write a first draft (7 business days turnaround time on average) and send it to you for review.
5. You'll leave edits in the draft, and I'll come back and make those edits within 1-2 business days.
6. We'll sign off on final approval and I'll send over the invoice for the remaining 50% balance to be paid.
I never want you to have to “check up on me.” My goal is to keep you informed of where I’m at every three days with a status report.
For smaller projects, I’ll often be finished before you can even think to ask how things are going.
Once the final product is delivered, I’ll ask you to complete a five-question exit survey.
1. Can I pay via credit card?
Of course! Your invoice will have a link that allows you to pay online with a credit card. Bank transfers are also welcome.
2. How many rounds of edits do I get?
Every project includes one round of edits. If you need additional edits after the first round, there is a project-based fee for additional work. This fee helps ensure we’re both on the same page from the start of the project.
3. How soon can you start?
I request at least a three-week lead-time for new projects. I typically have 1-2 openings for new clients each month, but those fill up quickly. The sooner we can start the conversation, the better.
If you need me RIGHT NOW: I’ll move you to the top of my to-do list, but a 25% priority fee will be added to your invoice.